At the Hospital Serena del Mar we culminated this 2022 delivering more and better health for Cartagena and the Caribbean Region
One of the main corporate objectives of the Hospital Serena del Mar is to position itself as "The Best Place to Work", at the Serena del Mar Hospital we have made great progress, for Cartagena, the Caribbean Region, the country and even internationally and for all those people who require health care, with our person-centered care model, which aims to generate value through effective, safe and humanized care.
Our medical team is made up of more than 60 medical specialties and subspecialties that, grouped under the best infrastructure, and aligned with processes that incorporate the best available scientific evidence and that have been adopted by our operator, Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá, allow us to provide care comprehensive, focused on achieving the best clinical outcomes, in order to provide more and better health.
These are our main achievements:
- We achieved superior clinical performance, with standards and indicators of hospital management and safe care comparable to those of the Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá University Hospital.
- We consolidate our human talent with more than 700 collaborators, synonymous with richness and cultural diversity, through the integration of 21 regions of the country, and in turn promoting an important generation of jobs for Bolívar, with 74% of our collaborators being Bolivarians, likewise We implement strategies for your well-being and care.
- Our medical staff was strengthened, today we have more than 200 members.
- We generate memorable experiences, which is reflected in our Global Satisfaction percentage, which has remained, on average, at 98%.
- We achieved the opening of new services and expansion of hospital beds: Emergencies, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Obstetrics and Cardiovascular Surgery.
- We achieved 0 bacteremia during the first semester of 2022.
We not only had great achievements, we also achieved great milestones
- We performed the first positron emission tomography (PET-CT) in the department of Bolívar.
- We performed the first intracranial radiosurgery without a stereotaxic frame in Cartagena.
- We treated the first patient in Colombia with ABC modality (Active breathing coordinator) of radiotherapy.
- We treated 12,976 patients in the emergency room since the start of the operation of this service in March 2022; + 1,800 patients treated in surgery rooms.
- The first breast reconstruction by microsurgery was performed in Cartagena, a technique that allows tissue transfers to recover the shape and function of the affected areas, in which we are pioneers.
We are writing a new history of health in Cartagena and the Caribbean region; At Hospital Serena del Mar we turn challenges into learning and great achievements into reasons to continue providing EXCEPTIONAL HEALTH.