Antes de la atención
If you are going to require hospitalization at the Hospital Serena del Mar, please remember:
- Prepare your personal belongings: spacious and comfortable pajamas, non-slip footwear (slippers or flip-flops).
- The medications that you take on a chronic basis will be supplied from our pharmacy, it is not necessary to bring your own. Please bring in a list the name, presentation and daily dosage of the medications you take.
- If you bring the medicines, tell the healthcare team so that the pharmacy manager can keep them for you and the doctor can formulate them for you. At the end of your hospitalization they will be returned to you.
- Do not forget your items for personal use: glasses, lenses, hearing aids, dental prosthesis, cane.
- Refrain from bringing valuables such as jewelry, technology items, cash, among others.
- Remember to build a folder with previous exams (X-rays, labs, ultrasounds, resonances, CT, etc.) and bring it to the Hospital.
- Bring comfortable clothes (warm) and your personal hygiene items.
- You can find service in the Hospital cafeteria where healthy menus are offered from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. We also have room service for your convenience.
- In our rooms there is a Wi-Fi network, if you want to connect you can request it at the service where you are.
- Remember to take care of your electronic devices and other belongings. The institution is not responsible for their loss.
As a strategy to facilitate the participation of the family and relatives, the following guidelines are established regarding visiting hours:
- For all patients, monitoring is allowed 24 hours a day.
- The medical and nursing staff will indicate to the companions at what times they must remain out of the room in order to carry out the procedures required by the patient and favor their intimacy and privacy.
- In hospitalization services, the presence of up to 3 visitors per room is allowed from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m., and the presence of 1 companion from 8:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. The number of visitors and/or companions can be flexible according to the clinical situation and authorization of each patient.
- In the Adult Intensive Care Units, 1 person can stay 24 hours a day. Depending on medical criteria, more companions may be authorized. Both parents can stay in the Pediatric Intensive Care Units 24 hours a day.
- For patients in the final phase of life or with special conditions, the entry of a greater number of visitors is allowed, according to the request of the patient or family, and contemplating the criteria of the treating care team.
- El Hospital Serena del Mar respects the wishes of the patient who may limit the visit options of the people they consider according to their preferences or clinical status. This information must be delivered to Security personnel to ensure compliance.
Causes of restriction on visits
- Clinical conditions with a medical order of restriction, isolation, performance of procedures, seeking to safeguard the privacy of the patient and the safety of the visitor.
- Patient preferences.
- Patients with custodial status (require custody). These patients cannot receive visitors or are restricted to certain family members.
One way to make sure you receive good quality health care is to become an active member of your health care team. Patients who talk with their doctors tend to be more satisfied with the care they receive and have better medical outcomes.
Before your appointment:
Bring all medications you are taking to your appointment, including:
- Prescription drugs.
- Over-the-counter medicines, such as aspirin or antacids.
- Dietary or herbal supplements.
- Write down the questions you have for your consultation. Learn about your current medical conditions, previous surgeries and illnesses.
During your appointment:
- Explain your symptoms, medical history, and any problems with medications you have taken in the past.
- Ask as many questions as you need to fully understand what the doctor tells you.
- Tell your doctor if you are concerned that you will not be able to follow their instructions.
- If your doctor recommends a treatment, ask about the options.
- If you need to be tested, ask:
- How do you take the examen?
- What will you feel?
- What do you need to do to prepare?
- How will you get the results?
- If you need a prescription, tell your doctor if you are pregnant, nursing, have allergies to drugs, or take vitamin or herbal supplements.
After your appointment:
- Always follow your doctor's instructions
- If you do not understand your instructions after you get home, call the service where you received your care, or your doctor's office.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you stop taking any medicine your doctor has prescribed.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms get worse or if you have trouble following instructions.
- Always get the results of the tests that were done on you.
The Clinical Laboratory of the Hospital Serena del Mar provides its services for outpatients during the following hours: Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 noon, and Sundays and holidays there is no service.
The delivery of results is at the following times: Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Durante la atención
Admission is the process in charge of the administrative management of admissions, of bed assignments, but it also has an informative mission, providing general guidance on the operation of the hospital, and it is the moment in which the general consent of care, through which the patient expresses his agreement to receive health services at the Hospital Serena del Mar.
Food is an integral part of medical treatment and the service experience, which is why in the Hospital it is under medical control and is supervised by professional Nutritionists - Dietitians, so that personalized monitoring of nutritional requirements and preferences is carried out. the patients.
As a general recommendation, patients are asked not to consume food or drinks that are not included in their hospital diet. If the patient's diet is the so-called "normal", the Hospital will offer an optional menu. The rest of the diets for special clinical situations are subject to their composition and this limits the choice made by the patient.
If you suffer from intolerance to any type of food, you must indicate it upon arrival so that it is not included in the diet.
For the convenience of family members and companions, we have Cafeteria Service from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the third floor and also 24-hour service on the first floor.
We also provide Room Service for relatives, by calling extension 15302.
At Hospital Serena del Mar we have activities designed for our patients, these include educational programs, talks, and art and entertainment activities.
We have educational activities for our patients on topics such as:
- Educational activities and celebrations in the field of health
- Education in the orthogeriatrics program
- General topics
Educación y apoyo
Mr. Visitor, if you want to know about the management of your family member's disease, contact us at extension 16113, there you will find suitable personnel who, through talks and workshops, will design an educational plan according to your needs, we also have information for caregivers who will It will provide tools to have healthy lifestyles.
Keep in mind before:
We believe that the support of the patient's family and friends is essential for their recovery, which is why we have visiting hours all day, according to the following recommendations:
On hospitalization floors
8:00 am. to 8:00 p.m.
Number of companions per room:
- During the day: 2 – 3 people.
- Companion: 1 person 24 hours.
- Intensive Care Unit (I.C.U.): 1 companion 24 hours.
- Recovery: 1 companion 24 hours.
Resultados de exámenes
Thinking of our patients and facilitating their access to information, you must make a request in the case of hospitalized patients to the email [email protected] through this means you can request all the information regarding your scheduled medical appointments, results of laboratory tests performed at our institution and the most relevant information from your medical history. All of the above in order to provide you with a better service and provide you with tools that are useful for monitoring and correct compliance with the services to which you access as a patient at Hospital Serena del Mar.
For the delivery of diagnostic imaging results, the diagnostic imaging area located on the 1st floor of the hospital must be sent from Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Evalúe su experiencia
Our superior service levels are evidenced through Patient Experience metrics:
How do we evaluate the patient experience at Hospital Serena del Mar?
We have standardized the procedure for evaluating the experience of our patients with respect to the care we provide in Hospitalization, Emergency and Outpatient Services. We carefully design and validate our surveys asking questions with an emphasis on the humanization aspects of care, and on the comprehensive vision of the patient as a person.
We have various channels to apply these surveys and thus reach the different types of patients we handle:
- By phone
Do you want to participate in the patient satisfaction survey?
Please click on any of the services below:
- If you received care in one of our outpatient services, click here
- If you received care in the hospitalization service, click here
- If you received care in the emergency department, click here
We compare and reference our results from the Patient Experience Evaluation with those of hospitals worldwide recognized for their quality of service, which challenges us to be better and innovate in strategies aimed at the well-being and satisfaction of our patients and their families.
The rating that our patients and their families give us:
Through the survey, it is possible to identify the percentage of patients who feel satisfied with the care they have received at our institution. We have established for the year 2023 that the institutional satisfaction goal is 96% and that of the NPS is 85.
Después de la atención
Consult Clinical History
In case it is requested directly by the patient:
- Original Identity Document
In case it is requested by a third party:
- Letter of authorization signed by the holder of the Clinical Record indicating the name and document of the authorized person.
- Copy of the patient's identification document on both sides.
- Copy of the identification document of the authorized third party on both sides.
In case of minors:
- The request must be made by the father or mother of the minor, attaching the following documents:
- Copy of the identification document of the father or mother.
- Copy of the Civil Registry of the minor.
- Copy of the Identity Card if the child is older than 7 years.
In the event that the request for the minor's Medical History is made by a third party, in addition to the above documents, the following must be submitted:
- Authorization letter from the father or mother indicating the name and document of the authorized person.
- Copy of the identification document of the authorized third party.
Remember that if you are the holder of the Medical Record you can also request a copy by writing to: [email protected] attaching a signed format and a copy of your identity document. It will be sent only to the email registered in our database (does not apply to Medical Records requested by third parties or that exceed 10 MB).
REQUIREMENTS FOR REQUESTING MEDICAL RECORDS OF DECEASED PATIENTS Judgment T-303-2008
It is delivered to: Parents, spouse with current conjugal partnership and children of legal age, must present the following documents:
- Letter explaining the reasons for the request.
- Photocopy of the identification document of the deceased and the applicant.
- Civil Death Registry or Death Certificate.
- Document proving the degree of consanguinity as follows: in the case of parents and children Civil Birth Registry; for husband (a) Civil Registry of Marriage, Marriage Certificate or Public Deed.
Remember that if you request the complete Clinical History, it will be delivered in magnetic media in no more than two business days from the filing of the request. For specific events, delivery is made immediately.
Points of Attention:
Hospital Serena del Mar– Lobby First floor
Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pacientes y familiares
Mr. User, we want to welcome you to the Hospital Serena del Mar and tell you that it is a great honor to serve you, you can count on an Education Program for the patient and their family and/or caregiver that will guide you regarding your pathology, treatment and will answer the questions questions that arise before, during and after your hospitalization.
What we seek with our program is to provide you and your family with the necessary tools to manage your health-disease and achieve greater participation in your care.
What is the Patient and Family Education Program?
It is a program through which we offer educational strategies to our patients and their families, in order to encourage them to adopt healthy practices and actions that help them make commitments to their health care and disease prevention. Through four strategies:
- Educational Capsules Healthy
- Healthy habits
- Support and Follow-up
- Celebrations in the field of health
- Graduation plan
Why have we created the Patient and Family Care Program?
To offer the patient and their family at Hospital Serena del Mar innovative educational strategies that:
- Promote your self-care
- Encourage the adoption of healthy practices and preventive activities
- Achieve a cultural change in the care and maintenance of your health
How do we do it?
Paciente hospitalizado y su familia:
Recibirá visitas de enfermeras del programa de educación durante su estadía, una enfermera ira a visitarlo durante su hospitalización para informarle de manera clara sobre las 5 Claves del cuidado:
- Higiene de manos
- Medidas de seguridad del paciente
- ¿Qué hacer ante una evacuación?
- Manejo adecuado de desechos
- Derechos y deberes del paciente
Additionally, you can express to the staff of the Patient Education Program your doubts regarding the management of your pathology, treatment, medications, diet, medical devices, among others. They will solve these concerns or connect you with specialists in the subject who can help you.
During your hospitalization, if any doubt arises or you or your family member or caregiver need knowledge about any subject, we will be available to do so and prepare it.
At the time of your discharge we will verify your understanding of the management of your disease, risk factors, warning signs, medications, devices that facilitate self-care, avoid readmissions and thus achieve healthy lifestyles.
We have a didactic educational intervention, designed in the language of patients to which you and your family will be able to answer your concerns as needed through our extension 16113 and the line 3162599304.
Patient and family care office
The Institution has arranged an area that provides support from the moment you plan your care: the Patient Care Office's main objective is to detect the needs of our patients and their families during their stay in the hospital, provide information non-clinical, accompaniment and support, managing in a timely manner the requests that arise during the care process.
The Patient Care team is attentive to facilitating your relationship and that of your companions with the Hospital. We also receive and manage your communications such as congratulations, complaints and/or suggestions.
Our office is located on the first floor of the Hospital, you can also contact us by phone 318-2542984 and email [email protected]
Services for our patients and their families:
A Pharmaceutical Chemist is available to answer your questions about medications.
Extension: 10513 - 15001
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
It is at your service 24 hours a day, managed by an external company 1park.
If you or your family need to buy medicines, you can contact Farmacia Colsubsidio
Located on the first floor.
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 7:00 p.m.
Contact: 312 391 5295
Located in the main lobby
Visitar a un paciente
Patient and family care
At Hospital Serena del Mar we provide specialized health services of superior value, and in a transversal way, we have the fundamental task of providing care to all patients and their families. The staff of the Patient and Family Care office is willing and attentive to facilitate your relationship and that of your companions with the Hospital. We offer accompaniment and non-clinical information to the relatives of the patients who are being cared for in the Hospitalization Service. Likewise, we pay attention to suggestions, complaints, claims and thanks.
The Patient and Family Care office is located on the first floor of the Hospital and you can contact us at 318-2542984.
Hotels near the hospital
The Hospital Serena del Mar is located in the North Zone of Cartagena Vía al Mar Km 8
Here is a list of the hotels closest to the hospital:
- Holiday Inn
Volver a casa
The time has come to go home, once your doctor has defined that you can leave, the instructions and recommendations for your discharge will be given and explained.
At the time of your departure home, you will receive a visit from our education nurse who will verify your knowledge, management and understanding of your discharge plan regarding:
- Management of the diet at home
- Physical activity that you must perform once you are in your daily life
- Alarm signs that you must take into account and identify to consult your doctor
- Medications that you must continue in your treatment, doses, schedules, presentation, storage and until when you must take them, side effects.
- Specific recommendations according to your condition such as surgical wound management, medical devices.
- It is verified that you know the contact telephone number of the program in case of any concern or reinforcement
- In your exit plan, you must be given a summary of your medical history, disability and/or other documents that you require for your discharge.
If there is no clarity on any of the issues or there is a lack of knowledge, contact will be made with the specialized service, guaranteeing their self-knowledge for both the patient and the caregiver and family at extension 16113 and line 3162599304.
When the doctor signs the exit in the medical record, the Billing Department will proceed to close the account.
The biller in charge of the service where you received care will receive the authorized means of payment and/or pending authorizations or documentation, and will issue the exit authorization that you must show to the security personnel at the service exit, who will remove the door handle. ID so you can leave.
Quejas y sugerencias
Our goal is to provide you with optimal service that exceeds your expectations. Occasionally we do not succeed, and we consider it vitally important to be aware when a problem arises, in order to intervene in the most timely and assertive way possible.
We recommend that patients first express their problem or concern with their attending physician, or with the service nurse where they are located. As an additional instance, we have the figure of the Service Hostess, who will receive your complaint and make the link to give you a solution.
Most of the complaints referred during the care process manage to have a satisfactory management for the patient and the family. In some cases it is necessary to raise them to other instances of analysis and management, in which a formal response is issued when this process has been completed.
The Patient and Family Care Office leads the process of receiving, analyzing and responding to complaints and suggestions from our users, you can contact us by phone 318-2542984 and by email [email protected]
On many occasions, dissatisfied patients do not register their complaints because they do not know how to do it, or because they think that they will not achieve anything by doing so, however, if you let us know about your complaint:
It gives us the opportunity to solve the problem, and in the process of solving it, we learn to serve you better.
The information you give us is communicated to the Hospital Management and is used to carry out continuous improvement.
The Office of Patient and Family Care can intervene when:
- If you have a problem with the medical service.
- If you have concerns about the quality of your care.
- If you have a problem with any of our employees.
- If we fail to provide satisfactory service during an outpatient visit or hospital stay.
- If the service does not meet your expectations at Hospital Serena del Mar, call us at 318-2542984, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to 5 p.m., or you can leave a voicemail message at any time.
- You can also write us an email to [email protected]
For the entire human team at Hospital Serena del Mar, it is very important to know that you were satisfied or grateful with the level of care provided during your care process.
Derechos y deberes
Derechos y deberes
The Hospital Serena del Mar has the Declaration of Rights and Duties of the Patient, as a framework of Person-Centered Care.
Accompaniment to the patient and his family
The Hospital Serena del Mar accompanies patients and their families through activities and programs designed to facilitate the processes of information transmission and education.
Among the areas it accompanies are: making difficult decisions from an ethical point of view, providing spiritual and social support, and training in the recognition and/or prevention of situations of threat or violation of rights.
Paciente en condición de discapacidad
We have professionals specialized in all fields and rooms equipped with modern state-of-the-art equipment.
We provide health services focused on high complexity such as; joint replacements, neurosurgery, cardiovascular surgery, oncology, minimally invasive surgery, urology, gastroenterology, among others. We have state-of-the-art equipment for the diagnosis, control and treatment of different pathologies.
We have international agreements (insurance and policies) to facilitate the provision of the service through our dedicated service office for international patients.
Antes de su estancia
Before visiting our institution, our international office can coordinate your medical appointments and your stay in the city of Cartagena. We have agreements with hotels near the institution to facilitate your stay.
We coordinate with your insurer the authorizations required for your medical care. We verify the coverage of the policies and insurance of the patients with the aim of facilitating the provision of the service.
Durante de su atención
We offer accompaniment within the hospital and we maintain permanent contact with your insurer, informing you of the evolution of the patients. The international office provides telephone assistance 24 hours / 7 days a week in order to attend to any request from the patient.
Retornar a casa
We deliver the necessary medical reports in Spanish or English so that the insurance or patient has all the information on the treatment received. Likewise, the medical orders and controls that the patient must follow once they have been discharged are delivered.
Después de su estancia
The international service office will always be within the reach of patients and their families to answer any questions, bring them closer to their treating doctor or send them the information they require.
Our international office provides a dedicated service to patients and their families.
Some of the services provided are:
- Direct contact with the medical staff to request appointments.
- Contact telephone number 24/7 for patients.
- Accompaniment inside the hospital.
- Communication with international insurance for approval and letters of guarantee.
Mail: [email protected]
Address: Km8 vía al mar Cartagena -Colombia