Acerca del servicio
The Surgery Department of theHospital Serena del Mar is made up of a team of highly trained specialists with the experience to treat highly complex medical-surgical pathologies.
- We have spacious operating rooms.
- Laparoscopy towers with integration for audiovisual aids in the room, duplicate the images of the towers on the monitors we have, being the only ones in the city with this technology.
- We have a system that extracts information from vital signs and is integrated into the hospital's clinical history information system.
- We have innovative, avant-garde surgical instruments, complying with the highest quality standards for patient safety.
¿Por qué elegirnos?
- Our operating rooms are equipped with the latest technology and biomedical equipment that guarantee high safety and quality standards.
- We have a multidisciplinary team of specialists and subspecialists with high medical expertise.
- We have general surgeons 24/7.
- Our team of specialists and care offers a humanized service, with Person-Centered Care, to obtain favorable outcomes.
- We have an epidemiological surveillance team that monitors post-surgical patients, is alert to prevent, and detects any warning signs early, for which the patient should re-consult.
- We have a multidisciplinary group of Metabolic and Nutritional support made up of specialists in this area, surgeons, nurses, nutritionists and chemists for patients who need this service, unique in the city, being unique with this model in the city.
- We offer different and unique experiences for our pediatric patients, such as entering the operating rooms by electric cart, among others.
- We have spacious and comfortable spaces for family members, in waiting rooms within the hospital.
Each pathology has its alarm signs and reasons for consultation and/or specific diagnoses of each specialty and it will be the treating physician who decides the most timely and appropriate treatment according to each particular situation.
In specialties such as Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, we have a group of specialists who provide patients with metabolic and functional support; In Oncology we have full support from the specialists of the Cancer Institute for the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of patients; In Cardiovascular Surgery we have all the services to provide comprehensive care to the patient for the resolution of their pathology, such as: cardiology, hemodynamics, ICU, among others.; In Pediatric Surgery: We are able to care for this population at all stages of life, from neonatal to adulthood, with support and a support group in other services such as UCINEO, PICU, and 24/7 emergency departments with pediatricians. ; In Vascular Surgery: we have an intervention unit that allows us to manage these pathologies with minimal endovascular invasion.
Our subspecialties and medical team
In the general surgery service we focus on the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal surgical pathologies, abdominal wall and soft tissues, from the external consultation we offer this specialty on a daily basis, in order to offer opportunity to your requirements. In the emergency service we have a 24-hour face-to-face specialist in this area, ready for effective care and resolution, with quality and humanity of your ailments, in addition, our permanent integration with imaging services and other specialties in emergencies , allow us to act and make timely and reliable decisions.
We have expert specialists in acute and chronic pathologies, both venous and arterial, highly trained in endovascular management for the resolution with minimally invasive procedures of these pathologies in our Intervention and Hemodynamics room.
We also offer management of varicose disease in the lower limbs and aortoiliac disease, including abdominal aortic aneurysms.
At the Hospital Serena del Mar Center we have specialists in this area to carry out body or facial reconstructive and aesthetic procedures, with experience in managing malformations such as lip and palate. In addition, we provide surgical alternatives for reconstruction in cancer and post-bariatric patients.
Our team of pediatric surgeons is prepared to treat complex pathologies both conventionally and laparoscopically, and provide comprehensive solutions to pediatric patients with congenital and ac
We have expert specialists in venous and arterial vascular pathologies, both acute and chronic; highly trained in minimally invasive endovascular management in our modern intervention room.
We offer management of varicose disease in the lower limbs such as partial or total saphenectomy, infiltration of varices and management of aorto-iliac disease, including abdominal aortic aneurysms.
We offer laparoscopic management with state-of-the-art technology to address the complexity of gastrointestinal abdominal pathology. Thanks to a specialized and interdisciplinary team, we have the capacity to manage benign and malignant tumors in the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon, as well as pathologies of the pancreas and adrenal gland.
We provide care to patients with benign and malignant pathologies of the breast, including the study of masses of uncertain behavior with the complementarity of our services and the ability to perform everything from images, biopsies with image guidance, to diagnostic and therapeutic surgical procedures, including complementary management. with sentinel node. In addition, in oncological cases, we offer joint management with Plastic Surgery for breast reconstruction.
In the soft tissue field, we also pay attention to skin lesions such as melanomas and soft tissue tumors such as Sarcomas in the extremities or retroperitoneal masses, in permanent integration with our Cancer Institute.
In this area we are able to care for pulmonary and mediastinal pathologies of benign or malignant origin, we offer management by videothoracoscopy, mediastinoscopy, fiberoptic bronchoscopy and thoracotomy.
Thanks to a specialized and multidisciplinary team, we offer solutions to hyperhidrosis pathologies with procedures such as sympathectomy and more complex chest wall reconstruction procedures.
This surgical specialty is focused on treating various pathologies that affect the head and neck, including the oral cavity, pharynx, thyroid, parathyroid, salivary glands, and lymph nodes, offering treatment for benign or malignant conditions in these areas.
We also have Obesity Surgery, offering an interdisciplinary group that provides support in the process both before surgery and after it, including management with Psychology, Nutrition, Endocrinology, Physical Therapy and Internal Medicine, to achieve optimal and lasting results. in the long term, with the control of associated morbidities. Being able to accompany the process to stages of reconstructive surgery needs with the plastic surgery team, experts in reconstructive surgery.
We offer procedures such as Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve-Sleeve and Revision Surgery.
We have professionals in General and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, which allows us to care for patients with benign soft tissue pathologies such as lipomas, correction of abdominal wall hernias, as well as abdominal pathologies such as gallbladder stones, hiatus management and gastric pathologies. and intestinal that require surgical management.
We have state-of-the-art operating rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and advanced technology for the care of our patients, both for open and laparoscopic management; in conjunction with other services in the institution to provide superior values of integrity.