Hospital Serena del Mar, a new benchmark in health arrives in Cartagena
We arrived in Cartagena and the Caribbean region to rewrite the history of health, with a person-centered clinical care model, providing comprehensive care, with a differential service of high complexity and with the highest quality standards; This is how Dr. Olga Lucia Méndez Tovar, director of the Hospital Serena del Mar, expresses it: “We were born to serve the health of Cartagena and the region. Those who come to the Hospital will be able to have the peace of mind of being in a hospital oriented to comprehensive care, centered on the person; supported by high-tech health equipment and exceptional human talent, with solid knowledge and extensive experience, prepared to provide superior value care and service.”
The Hospital Serena del Mar is operated by the Santa Fe de Bogotá Foundation, a leading institution in the health sector, certified and accredited nationally and internationally, in the provision of services with the highest quality.
What is a person centered model?
It's about providing extraordinary, compassionate care at every phase of our patients' care. It is to deliver a humanized service of superior value, which addresses all aspects of the care process, such as the educational, emotional, and spiritual needs and the conditions of the therapeutic environment for the patient and his family; providing a unique and healing experience, from our hospital – garden, tak as Moshe Safdie, Israeli-Canadian architect founder of Safdie Architects and architect of our hospital, refers to it, “We established a backbone that is a bamboo garden that runs through the entire building , from the entrance to the back. The rooms, the waiting rooms, the intensive care units and even the surgery rooms have access to natural light so when you circulate you are always in this garden, even when you use the elevators. In this way you always obtain a clear orientation in space, so you will be immersed in a forest in the heart of the hospital. However, the rooms have windows and sliding curtains that allow the patient to control their own environment.
We deliver world-class health to the city, the region, the country and neighboring countries in order to deliver better clinical outcomes.
How do we do it?
- We have a strategic collaboration for trauma and orthopedic care with the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York, ranked number one in Orthopedics for 11 consecutive years in the United States and number 4 in Rheumatology according to the U.S. News & World Report (2020-2021). This is the first strategic collaboration of this type for HSS in Latin America, which will facilitate the exchange of knowledge in a transversal manner in multiple processes of the Hospital and will provide academic referencing opportunities to strengthen the care model, whose main objective is to work together to build results that exceed the expectations of patients and their families.
- We are the first General Electric hospital in Latin America, which guarantees to have state-of-the-art technology in all areas, which favors timely diagnostic processes and safe and effective treatments that allow achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency with the highest levels of safety and precision for diagnoses and treatments such as: the only PET-CT in the city, robotic pharmacy, biplane angiographer for hemodynamic and interventional procedures, among others.
- We have a linear accelerator, radiotherapy equipment to offer advanced treatments that lead to better clinical outcomes and fewer side effects.
We have medium and high complexity services ensuring comprehensive health care for the patient and their family:
- External consultation specialized in more than 60 medical specialties
- Executive check-up
- Clinical laboratory and pathology
- Diagnostic images: X-rays, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, mammography, densitometry, tomography and magnetic resonance
- Hemodynamics and interventionism.
- Nuclear medicine: PET/CT, scintigraphy
- Cancer Institute: external consultation, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and palliative care.
- Pediatric and adult hospitalization.
- Obstetric unit.
- Critical medicine and neonatal, pediatric and adult intensive care.
- 24-hour pediatric and adult emergencies
For more information, visit the website www.hospitalserenadelmar.com, follow us on our social networks @hospitalserenadelmar or contact +57 316 025 9202.
We take care of health with MEDICAL EXPERTISE!
Photo taken by: Iván Ortíz.